- The Valley | Eisley
- Tomboy | Panda Bear
- Bon Iver | Bon Iver
- Wounded Rhymes | Lykke Li
- 21 | Adele
- In The Mountain In The Cloud | Portugal. The Man
- Take Care | Drake
- Yuck | Yuck
- 4 | Beyonce
- Oh Land | Oh Land
- Burst Apart | The Antlers
- Cults | Cults
- Watch The Throne | Jay Z & Kanye West
- Barton Hallow | The Civil Wars
- Bad As Me | Tom Waits
- Topshop Seam Front Waterfall Jacket, $120
- Essie Mademoiselle Nail Lacquer, $3.90
- MAC Russian Red Lipstick, $14.50
- Kate Spade Putting on the Ritz Chandelier Earrings, $128
- J.Crew Wide Calf Hair Belt, $79.50
- Juicy Couture Guipure Lace Dress, $125.99 (on sale!)
- ALDO Shoes Mcintyde High Heels, $100
- Dorothy Perkins Black bar top clutch bag, $55
It’s not that easy to covet something so soon after Christmas, but with a birthday following about 3 weeks after, many people expect you to. Like my mother for instance, who has already asked me twice what I want. I thought long and hard and decided that I’d really be happy with a new hair dryer. I’ve always just been the type to buy a cheap one and wait until it dies on me soon after. While the one I have now has been going strong for several years, I lost the attachments long ago and the back won’t stay on for more than 5 seconds. Besides, the drying time takes forever and I think this baby could fix all that.
Never heard of b.b. creams? You’re probably not alone. I, myself, have only heard of them fairly recently. After a little research and glances at user reviews, I admittedly had mixed feelings. In theory, they sound great. Words like “skin-perfecting” and “flawless finish” are used to describe most creams as well as how moisturizing they are and what great natural-looking coverage they provide. BUT, some people complained about texture issues (which, with my drrrry skin is nerve-wracking) and about how pale the shades are (I’m pale, but I’m not that pale).
Then, I got a sample of Boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++ from Sephora and kind of fell in love.
I’ve always been a huge fan of tinted moisturizer. I don’t need much coverage except for under my eyes, which is easily taken care of with concealer. Plus, I like how natural it is while still managing to even out my skin tone. With this b.b. cream, I found that it did everything the product description said it would and more. It’s self-adjusting so no super paleness and the coverage was so naturally full and glowy that I didn’t even need concealer. I highly recommend trying this or another version for yourself.
Hope everybody had a nice holiday. I know I did. Christmas is always a favorite time of year for me, and I especially love the feeling of being surrounded by family.
Still, the best part of Christmas has always been the day after. We usually play with our new toys, have fashion shows starring our new looks, and always watch whatever movie Santa got us, while eating leftovers and all the chocolate people gave my mom. This year we’re breaking tradition slightly and will be headed out to the movies as a family for the first time since…I think…ever. I guess that’s just what The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo does to families.
- What’s This? – Danny Elfman
- Xmas Cake – Rilo Kiley
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – She & Him
- Little Saint Nick – The Beach Boys
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside – Dean Martin
- Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
- O Holy Night – Mariah Carey
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – Death Cab For Cute
- Silent Night – Taylor Swift
- The Christmas Song – Nat King Cole
- Happy Xmas (Was Is Over) – John Lennon
- Do You Hear What I Hear? – Copeland
- Mister Pine – Eisley
- You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch – Thurl Ravenscroft
- Candy Cane Children – The White Stripes
- Carol Of The Bells – Thrice
- Christmas Eve-Sarajevo 12/24 – Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Looking for a last-minute inexpensive gift for your hostess(es) this holiday season? Or maybe your mother? Or your aunt, who you have absolutely no idea what to get? Why not…coasters!
More importantly, why not coaster that you made yourself? It adds a personal touch to the sentiment, no?
Did I mention they’re easy to make? An inexpensive?
Ok, done with all the questions. Here are the facts.
- 4 4×4 tiles from your local hardware store (you can get decorative ones, or plain ones to spray paint, stamp, ect. yourself)
- multi-purpose glue
- Measure out your felt to fit an area slightly less then your tile. Cut it out.
- Glue the felt to the back of each tile.
- Repeat for all tiles.
- After they’re dry, tie them together with a pretty ribbon.
That’s it. You’re dunzo! Feel free to make some for yourself, too.