I really dig Taylor Swift’s style. I like how she incorporates trends while retaining her classic and girly sensibility. She may not take incredible fashion risks, but I always think her tiny ones pay off. Plus, she loves anything that sparkles.
- LA Made Drop Shoulder Tee, $53
- Mango Super Slim Jeans, $69.99
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Charlton Crossbody Bag, $138
- J.Crew Lena Sandals, $128
- Adia Kibur Super Bright Neon Necklace, $48
- Victoria’s Secret Heartbreaker! Push-up Plunge Bra, $39.50
- Ray-Ban RB4175 Oversized Clubmaster Sunglasses, $150
- Rip Curl Panama Sun Hat, $24
As someone who is naturally super pale and burns in the sun, I’ve always been a huge advocate of sun protection. But that doesn’t mean I don’t get jealous of sun worshipers from time to time. Thank god I discovered the joys of sunless tanner at an early age. No, they are not all made the same, but some provide an easier application than others minus the orange streaky mess. Here are some of my tried and true favorites.
- St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Lotion – This stuff really is worth the price. It provides a pretty deep tan, so if you are pale like me, try this towards the tail end of summer when this shade will be more believable. Also, make sure to watch the helpful video tutorial for a fool-proof application.
- Kate Somerville 360° Tanning Towelettes – These towelettes are easy to use and provide a long-lasting tan.
- Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer – This is probably the most easy to use product out of all the sunless tanning options out there. It starts out subtle because it’s meant to be applied daily to slowly build up the color. I like to start using this a few weeks before Memorial Day, that way I have some color but not so much that it looks like it came from a bottle.
- L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Sunless Tanner Lotion/Gel/Towelettes – I’ve really come to believe that L’Oreal makes some of the best self tanners out there and for the most reasonable prices. The gel might be a little bit tricky to apply your first time as it’s clear, but once you get the hang out it, you’ll be fine.
No matter what self tanner you choice, always remember to shave and exfoliate before application. Also, apply some lotion to elbows, knees, heels, and ankles before the tanner to prevent it from settling in deeper to those typically drier areas.
The thing I love best about fruit salad is all the different combinations available. I especially like using in-season fruits; it really makes a great-tasting treat even better. My favorite combo right now consists of mangos, blackberries, raspberries and bananas. To make it more of a meal than a snack, I like to add a little greek yogurt to the mix. What do you like to put in your fruit salad?
Another hairstyle I’m excited to rock during the spring/summer season, is the headscarf. It just gives off that easy, breezy vibe in spades. Plus, I love the juxtaposition of hippie and chic the look tends to always have. Above is my inspiration for ways to sport the style in a casual, but put-together way.
So, I saw a recipe for these veggie rolls over on Lauren Conrad’s website (which you should really check out if you haven’t already) and just knew I had to try them. It was my first time ever making tofu which was sort of nerve-wracking, but turned out excellent. Also, I ended up using whole grain wraps because I couldn’t find rice paper, but I will definitely be on the lookout for it now.
For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been playing Norah Jones’ new album, Little Broken Hearts, like it’s stuck on repeat. I was never a huge fan of her music, but the collaboration with Danger Mouse proved too tempting to ignore. And, I’m glad I didn’t. The songs are super chill and slightly hazy, which have been fitting perfectly with my mood as of late. I think it’s a nice departure from her usual jazzy/folksy music, while still remaining true to her style as an artist. Check out my favorite track below.