Here’s two ways to wear this great summery shirtdress from ASOS that will easily take you from day tonight.
- Free People Vintage Custom Denim Vest, $228
- Mossimo Black Pearl Sandal, $24.99
- Mango Quilted Messanger Handbag, $29.99 (on sale!)
- LC Lauren Conrad Vented Sunglasses, $17.99 (on sale!)
- Kate Spade Totem Park Necklace, $198
- Aldo Lanosa Clutch, $40
- ShoeMint Mia Platform, $79.98
- Dorothy Perkins Chunky Gold Cuff, $17
- A|X Cotton Colored Cuff, $38
- MICHAEL Michaele Kors Crochet Tunic, $105 (on sale!)
- Nasty Gal Hi Lo Knit, $47.60 (final sale!)
- Forever 21 Openwork Sweater, $24.80
- Victoria’s Secret Open-stitch Sweater, $49.50 (on sale!)
- Kensie Metallic Fishnet Pullover, $49.99 (on sale!)
When I saw the email from Daily Candy in my inbox informing me that Kahlúa was now selling iced coffee cans à la Starbucks but with liqueur, I got kind of excited. Two of my favorite things combined into one and perfectly timed for summer. Could it get any better? I don’t think so.
I had this exact leather ring from by boe a few years ago that I was completely in love with and wore to absolute death. I can literally remember the moment it fell apart; I was in work when it just fell from my fingers, most likely due to my forgetfulness to remove it when it came to washing my hands. I was devastated and it was no longer sold in the boutique I bought it in. For some reason, I never thought to seek it out online until this day. One quick happy Google search later, and it’s hello, beautiful all over again.
I am currently obsessed with Lula magazine. It’s quite expensive (even for an import) but completely worth it. The fashion alone is brilliant but the photography is stunning, all bold and dreamy. Definitely pick it up if you see one or try Amazon.
Here’s my life lately according to Instagram.
P.s. My username is samgandtheblog, if you’re interested.
, here’s the reading list I hope to complete over this summer.
- An Abundance of Katherines – John Green
- 50 Shades of Grey – E L James
- Till We Have Faces – C. S. Lewis
- Blood Meridian – Cormac McCarthy
- Coco Chanel: The Legend and the Life – Justine Picardie
- The Night Circus – Erin Morgenstern
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? – Mindy Kaling
Happy reading everyone!
I probably always overfill my beach bag with things I might need, but I do have a pretty good idea of the key items that are truly important for any day at the beach. Here’s my list of essentials.
I love things that are easy. I love guacamole. I love easy-to-make guacamole. Understand? You will if you love both of these things too.
Here’s my go-to recipe for guacamole on the fly.
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime or 1/2 lemon
- red onion
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder (optional)
- Cut avocado and scoop into bowl
- Finely chop some red onion and add it to the bowl.
- Finely chop some cilantro and add it to the mixture.
- Smash mixture around with a fork until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add the juice of 1 small lime or 1/2 lemon and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. And if your me, garlic powder.
I should have made a last step that said “enjoy”. Because you totally should. I like to eat mine with a handful of blue corn chips or those Hint of Lime Tostitos. It’s also really good on whole grain toast. So many options. So little time.