I’ve been meaning to glitter (it’s totally a verb, guys) these shoes ever since I got them last winter for $11 at Payless. They were pretty plain, yet cheap, so I knew that they could benefit from some good old fashion diy-ness. And then….I completely forgot about them. It wasn’t until the other day when I was cleaning that I found them and thought, ‘oh yea’ and now I can’t believe I didn’t do this sooner.
- glitter (fine or chunky, it doesn’t matter)
- masking tape
- modge podge
- paper plate
- Wipe shoes clean and tape off areas to be glittered.
- Combine modge podge and glitter on the paper plate to form a paste of sorts.
- Begin painting your shoe.
- Do a second coat.
- Finish with a layer of modge podge.
- Once dry, remove tape and wear immediately.