photo: © Ginaellen | Stock Free Images
Everyone gets stressed out from time to time, but what’s important is finding a way de-stress that works for you. Here are some of my tried and true methods of relaxation for when stress rears its ugly head.
1. Breathe In and out. And deep. Breathing this way causes you to concentrate on one thing and regain your focus.
2. Go Outside Sit on a bench, go for a walk, or do anything outside for a few minutes to as long as you can. Fresh air can do wonders for the soul.
3. Stretch Really any form of exercise is a good way to de-stress, but if you’re short on time, stretching will do. Think child’s pose, tree pose, or any spinal twist. But you don’t have to be a yogi for this to work. Do whatever feels right, as long as you can feel a stretch without straining.
4. Organize Clean your desk or other personal space. Make a list. Rework your schedule. Stop and do something to take control over whatever is affecting you.
5. Take A Bath What sounds better than a nice hot bath? The answer is nothing, except maybe wine. So if you have a bottle handy, bring a glass in with you and light a candle. Take it up a notch with bubbles, salts, or essential oils.
6. Pamper Yourself Sometimes a little me time is all a girl needs. Paint your nails, get a massage, or read that trashy magazine you’ve been dying to feast your eyes on. Just take a break for a bit.
7. Have a Dance Party Some people like to listen to relaxing music to calm them, but I’m the opposite. Sometimes, you just need to dance it out with or without any tunes. Try it out at least once, trust me. Even just 30 seconds can do wonders.