Mondays are usually pretty depressing for most, myself included. And here in Philly, it’s been dreary all day, not helping Monday with its rep at all. The easiest way to get me out of a funk is to listen to a playlist tailor-made for my mood. Today that’s going to consist of melancholy tunes, but mainly Tom Waits. There’s just something about his music that’s perfect or a rainy day.
I don’t know where you live, but here in Philly it’s been raining for a over a week now, with more on the way.
Now, I normally bask in the the occasional rain storm – I love staring out a window at the rain, the way it smells, curling up with a good read and a good cup of coffee while I’m stuck indoors – pretty much everything about rainy weather. But when it goes on like this, it can bring a girl down (not to mention ruin her outdoor deck cocktail plans.)
Luckily I have a go-to rainy day look that always gets me through even the nastiest weather and is comfy to boot.
- Topshop Light Grey Oversized Cupro Drape Trench Coat, $190
- American Apparel Ribbed Modal Over-the-knee Sock, $13
- Marc Jacobs Daisy 1.7 oz. Eau de Toilette Spray, $60
- Victoria’s Secret Short-sleeve Scoopneck Tee, $12.50 (on sale!)
- stack of magazines
- J. Crew Cashmere Zip-front Hoodie, $188
- Fekkai Silky Straight Smooth Finish Serum, $24
- DKNY Stretch-jersey Leggings, $95
- Nine West Brunelda Rain Boot, $48.27-$62.06
- Target Bubble Umbrella Silver Ombre, $16.99
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Pretty Nylon Medium Tate, $178